Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim, is a well-known hill station of India. Every year, a large number of tourists come here to explore the snow covered mountains. The snow-covered Himalayan hills and lush vegetation give happiness and freshness to body and heart. It is a small hill town situated at an altitude of 5,800 feet above sea level. After the construction of the Enchi Gompa by Bodh Dharam Gurus in 1840, it’s becoming a popular Buddhist pilgrimage place. During the Gangtok Tour, you can also visit the unique attractions and the culture of Nepal and Tibet , which also makes it a vibrant place to see.
This great location offers excellent views of the entire Kanchenjunga range. During the flowering season Flower Show near the Whyte Hall is another attraction of Gangtok.
Best Places to Visit in and around Gangtok anytime
- Tsomgo Lake:- Famous as the Sparkling Glacial Lake
- Nathula Pass:- Famous as Festooned With Stunning Scenery
- Ravangla:- Famous as a Picture-Postcard Destination
- Zuluk:- Famous as an Unconventional And Off-The-Wall
- Lachen:- Famous as a Picturesque Village
- Lachung:- Famous as the Riverside Hamlet
- Pelling:- Famous as an Adventurous Wonderland
- Yumthang:- Famous as the Gorgeous Flower Valley
- Namchi:- Famous as a Magnificent Sikkimese City
- Yuksom:- Famous as the Meeting Place Of Lamas
- Khecheopalri Lake:- Famous for Wishes To Come True
- Phurchachu Reshi:- Famous as therapeutic Hot Springs
- Pemayangtse:- Famous for Home To Second Oldest Monastery
Best Option to reach Gangtok
- By air: Bagdogra Airport around 125 km from the Gangtok city and daily flight Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati and Kolkata etc.
- By Rail: New Jalpaiguri railway station just 120 km away from the Gangtok city and daily trains from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru and Kochi etc.
- By Road: Buses are availed for Gangtok from nearby destinations like Darjeeling (96 km), Siliguri (118 km) and Kalimpong (75 km).